It’s been nearly three years since the release of “Reflektor”, Arcade Fire’s fourth album. Everything leading up to the album’s release was incredibly exciting if you were even a casual Arcade Fire fan. I remember some of the things that stand out that propelled my excitement for the album at the time:
- It was going to be a double album with a runtime of nearly an hour and a half
- The pre-release promotional stuff was everywhere
- Arcade Fire performed on Saturday Night Live prior to the release, and NBC even gave them a half-hour special that aired directly afterwords that featured a number of stars.
- Rolling Stone gave the album a glowing review a month before it was released
- All the singles released were very promising